This building used to sit nestled among a bunch of trees overlooking a vast field. In fact, I didn't even realize that it was there until a few months ago when a gas company had to cut down most of the trees to install a gas line.
When I saw it for the first time, I wondered who lived there. Was it a large family, with lots of children? Or was it a couple who couldn't have children living out there days? I wonder what stories bounce off the walls. The hopes and dreams that went up at night from the people that lived there. No one that I have asked seems to know anything about the people that lived there. I guess that it has been such a long time since there was life there, and so many "new" people have moved into this area, that the people have been long forgotten. I think we do that to the older generation. We just live our lives and forget that we are here, because they were here. I believe that those of us in my generation and younger need to sit at the feet and take in all the history and knowledge of those that have come before us, because I have always heard that those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it...
No comments:
Post a Comment